Sunday 11 October 2009

Cue the Violins

I watched the second episode of the new series of House tonight (Broken part 2) and, I confess, I cried and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it. The plot was brilliant (and a welcome departure from the usual formula) and the closing music Seven Day Mile by the Frames put the finishing gloss on my tear streaked cheeks.

Music can do that can't it - I've found myself welling up simply listening to a violin played by Nigel Kennedy.  But sadly those skills are not available to me and at my age I think are beyond my reach.  But writing is not...

I'm elated, inspired and excited by House making me blub.  You see I want to write professionally, so to be affected in that way by writers at the top of their game fills me with the desire to emulate that feat.  To form an emotional connection with a reader, listener or viewer is, to me, a magical and precious thing...

Please join me in my journey,

Posted via email from Chas's posterous

No comments: