- 4oz (115g) Butter or Margarine
- 6oz (170g) Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4oz (115g) Plain Flour
- 1/2 Level tsp Salt
- 2oz (60g) Kellogg's All-Bran(tm) or Bran Buds(tm)
- 6oz (170g) Sun-Maid(tm) Seedless Raisins
The original recipe calls for icing but I think it's better plain.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla essence together and gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
- Sieve flour and salt together and fold into the mixture with the All Bran/Bran Buds and the Sun-Maid seedless raisins.
- Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) square cake tin and spread the mixture level.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4/350F/180C for one hour.
- Turn out and cool.