Saturday 18 July 2009

Raisin Bar

I retrieved this from the cut off back of a packet of Sun-Maid (tm) Raisins. My Mum made it for me many times when I was a child and it is, needless to say, a fond childhood memory. I'm leaving all the brand names in out of courtesy to the original copyright holder.

Ingredients
  • 4oz (115g) Butter or Margarine
  • 6oz (170g) Soft Brown Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 4oz (115g) Plain Flour
  • 1/2 Level tsp Salt
  • 2oz (60g) Kellogg's All-Bran(tm) or Bran Buds(tm)
  • 6oz (170g) Sun-Maid(tm) Seedless Raisins
The original recipe calls for icing but I think it's better plain.
  • Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  • Beat the eggs and vanilla essence together and gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
  • Sieve flour and salt together and fold into the mixture with the All Bran/Bran Buds and the Sun-Maid seedless raisins.
  • Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) square cake tin and spread the mixture level.
  • Bake at Gas Mark 4/350F/180C for one hour.
  • Turn out and cool.

No comments: